This job is available in multiple cities: Pittsburgh, PA / Hermitage, PA / Sarasota, FL / Fort Myers, FL / Naples, FL
Looking for a candidate to fill a Transactional Staff Accountant position for our Client Accounting & Advisory Services Division. We are looking for energetic and passionate accounting professionals, looking to make a difference in our clients’ business.
This position will be a client-facing role, serving clients in a variety of industries and sizes. The Transactional Staff Accountant works in coordination with our clients’ administrative staff, vendors and customers to perform day to day accounting functions for our clients. The Staff Accountant will work with and report to the Controller on the account and also interact with the CFO Consultant on the account, to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting for internal decision making.
The Transactional Staff Accountant will:
- Pay our clients’ bills using Bill.Com
- Record Bank & Credit Card transactions in Quickbooks Online and Sage Intacct. On occasion, our clients may also use another cloud based accounting software.
- Record daily, weekly and monthly adjusting journal entries
- Record sales, customer deposits and verify Accounts Receivable
- Report & record payroll
- Work with Controller to perform a “soft” month end close
The ideal candidate will have experience in both Public Accounting and private industry. A successful candidate should have a sound comprehension of accrual basis financial statements and understands how management will use financial information for decision making.
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) In Business, preferably with an Accounting concentration
- A minimum of 1-2 years in Public Accounting and a minimum of 1-3 Years in Private Industry
- This position requires a strong understanding of technology including: virtual meeting software, Sage Intacct, Quickbooks Online and project management software.
- Experience will Bill.com is preferred
- Some travel will be required.
Benefits of working for HBK’s CAAS Division:
- Competitive Salary
- Ability to earn Sales Commissions and Referral Commissions
- Retirement Plan & Excellent Healthcare Benefits
- An environment that encourages and values personal & professional growth
- The ability to work with an array of businesses, under one firm’s umbrella.
Associates or better in Accounting or related field.
1-3 years: Strong understanding of technology including virtual meeting software
1-3 years: Quickbooks
1-3 years: Private industry
1-3 years: Public Accounting
1-3 years: Experience with Bill.com
Project management software
1-3 years: Sage Intacct.