The Supply Chain/Sourcing Manager will be responsible for negotiating contracts and terms and conditions with all vendors. This position is also responsible for evaluating and monitoring vendor quality against promised deliverables for all incoming supplies with a focus on biomass flower and trim.
This position also requires high-level data analytics in order research proposals for best available options. The position is responsible for implementing and monitoring contracts to ensure all vendors and supplies are within the applicable regulation guidelines.
• Develop and implement purchasing policies and vendor quality management procedures that ensures compliance with local and national ordinances.
• Partner with Sales Team to research and negotiate the best terms for pricing and delivery based on specific quality, budget and schedule requirements.
• Partner with Accounting and Quality Control to monitor stock movement and inventory levels as products are manufactured using ERP tracking software (Dynamics 365).
• Prepare daily and weekly purchase orders based on production, customer and/or business demand.
• Forward purchase orders to vendors with specific requirements.
• Monitor shipments to ensure that supplies arrive on time and follow-up on undelivered supplies.
• Communicate with vendors and transportation service providers.
• Maintain strong working relationships with existing vendors and network with prospective vendors to stay abreast of upcoming trends; light travel may be required.
• Monitor all vendor promotions, discounts and specials to analyze cost trends.
• Partner with the Product Development Manager to remain familiar with promotions, preferences and customer requirements.
• Create/review purchase orders taking into account sales figures, seasonal trends, promotions, commitments, new authorizations, minimum shipments and inventory returns.
• Review all cost changes and maintain accurate costs on purchase orders.
• Occasionally partner with Accounting Manager to prepare payments and reconcile invoices.
• Occasionally assist Quality Control Manager and Operations with receiving incoming products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field
• 5+ years’ experience in procurement, sourcing, vendor quality monitoring and supply chain management
• Knowledge of general manufacturing operations, warehousing and supply chain logistics. Previous experience in a food, cosmetics or pharmacy manufacturing industry is preferred
• Knowledge of packaging materials and manufacturing processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required
• Must also be able to maintain and preserve confidentiality of company and vendor information
• Be able to manage time and multiple competing demands