The Security Officer is responsible to have a positive impact on the safety and security of all of the client’s assets and its facilities. The Security Officer must possess good Surveillance observation skills and be able to conduct quality security rounds. He/she will demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to accept all job assignments as directed by a Supervisor.
1. Greet all patients on arrival, perform all necessary intake tasks and ensure patients are paired with Patient Care Specialist.
2. Ensure the Security Department is following all standard operating procedures, as well as enforcing Maryland State Department of Health Guidelines.
3. Be on-time, attend daily briefings and participate in a positive manner.
4. Write clear and concise incident reports an email communication.
5. Respond to all incidents taking appropriate actions and making the proper notifications to management.
6. Must maintain a professional appearance.
7. Must maintain professional communications with all guests, patients, co-workers and Supervisory staff.
8. Must take all precautions to safeguard all Company assets.
9. Must adhere to all Federal and State HIPAA guidelines. Will be responsible for proper handling of all confidential information, reports, equipment and materials.
10. Conduct him/herself in a gracious, courteous and responsive manner that reflects positively on the Company and its core values.
10. Must keep Dispensary Manager informed of all important and relevant security matters. Will conduct additional duties as directed by Dispensary Manager.
11. Must have the ability acquire a general understanding of Maryland State Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program Laws and Regulations
Must have ability to:
· Regularly sit, stand or walk to complete assigned shifts.
· Be flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
· Be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined space.
· Regularly use, observe and monitor CCTV equipment.
· Report all acts of wrongdoing observed or gleaned by any staff member that they have reasonable knowledge of.
· Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High school diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree or College credits a plus.
· Graduation from an accredited Law Enforcement or Correction Officer Academy preferred.
· Previous Security training and/or experience required. Related on the job experience or Military training may be considered in lieu of formal Security training.
– Previous experience monitoring several security cameras
Looking for someone with previous Front Desk / Hotel Security experience as well.