The Production Chemist will implement and maintain processes related to the extraction and purification of full-spectrum hemp oil. You will be the leader, mentor/trainer and maintain quality control (QC) standards for the production team’s activity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To work closely with management team to continually optimize SOP and workflow processes.
· To work closely with the management team to write SOP’s for new equipment and processes that are added to the production flow.
· To be a leader in creating a culture that promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
· Oversee and execute production runs through our various production lines (i.e. extraction, purification and supporting systems/processes).
· Adhere to and create standardized processes as the company grows.
· Maintain a stringent QC as it relates to data capture, data analysis and the scientific process.
· Maintaining training records and train new personnel on necessary procedures.
· Work with extraction, processing and analytic equipment.
· Interface directly with third party testing companies to interpret results, validate testing procedures and analyze data.
· Maintain equipment troubleshooting, upkeep and contribute to planning for future equipment as we expand.
· Preserve workplace safety, know safe materials handling as appropriate for hazardous materials.
· Assist in investigation and disposition decision of non-conforming product and returns.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in any quantitative science
5+ years professional experience in production labs.
Botanical extraction, organic chemistry, or comparable experience a big plus.
Data-centric scientific method and/or lean-manufacturing practices
Experience with procedure and report writing
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Advanced bench lab-work skills, process manufacturing, and a fluent understanding of chemical/biological testing equipment and processes required.
Demonstrate experience and strong skills in customer-centric interaction with a broad range of worker skill sets (blue collar, white collar, white coats)
Ability to work in a cooperative, cross-department environment
Excellent communication skills and team skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
Experience with lab testing equipment including HPLC, GCMS, LCMS and related software is a big plus.
Cannabis, hemp or other biological processes is a big plus.
The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.