We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions; we have a strong work ethic, and our primary focus is on Cultivating Cannabis Cup Quality cannabis , as well as developing custom genetics in order to insure our operations profitably. People who are most successful at Highbread Cultivaton are energetic, self-directed, and solution Oriented.. We are seeking Cultivation Director ? Master Grower.
The Master Grower will be expected to manage a state-of-the-art, purpose built, and commercial cannabis cultivation and production facility of approximately 3,000 – 9000 sq/ft
It is proposed that the facility will utilize either hydroponics or Bio soil.
The candidate will be expected to perform and / or manage all the tasks in the grow cycle to include seeding, germination, transplanting, feeding, defoliation, topping, flushing, preventative sprays, harvesting, drying, trimming and all associated inventory management and tracking and must have expert knowledge of temperature, humidity, plant diseases, insects
● Coordinate and participate in the planning and care of Greenhouse production.
● Inspect assigned areas for plant damage, disease.
● Identify plants, insects, pests and diseases as appropriate.
● Recommend corrective actions such as removal of plants or remedial treatments as appropriate.
● Provide advanced technical guidance to Greenhouse personnel in the proper maintenance and care of mothers, propagations, young plants and flowering crops.
● Assist in the development and implementation of new production plans.
● Maintain field and project maintenance records as directed; prepare reports and analyses as requested by management.
● Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed.
● Verify the accuracy of change orders and ensures change orders are signed by the client.
● Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
● Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
● Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary.
● Manage project dependencies.
● Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
● Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
● Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
● Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc.,are adhered to.
● Participate in the selection, hiring and training of new staff.
● Provide appropriate levels of motivation for staff.
● Resolve employee issues and use appropriate levels of corrective actions.
Qualifications and Skills
● University degree in a relevant field like Botany, Horticulture or Agriculture
● 5+ years’ work experience in horticulture
● Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
● A solid understanding of horticultural techniques.
● Experienced with Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and yield optimization.
● Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
● Effectiveness in safety and productivity.
● Knowledge of local, state and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
● Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
● Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
● Strong understanding of yield optimization and integrated pest management standards
● Ability to participate in continuous improvement processes.
● An interest in plants of different kinds and the environment in which they thrive.
● Good observation skills.
● Ability to follow safe procedures for use of fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
● Some background in science and basic mathematical skills.
● Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines.
● Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
● Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
● Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
● Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
● Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
● Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
● First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
● Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadline
Employment History / Qualifications:
● Experience as a Master Grower in a Commercial Operation
● Minimum 3 years’ indoor / greenhouse cultivation experience
● Minimum 3 years’ indoor / greenhouse cultivation experience as a head grower, or equivalent