Client is seeking a highly qualified Cannabis Processor for an Illinois based cannabis processing center. Client is focused on using agroecological principles and minimizing our carbon footprint in all aspects of its operations. This job opportunity is for a Master Cannabis Grower who will plan, lead and oversee all aspects of the cultivation operations of an Illinois based cannabis cultivation and processing facility.
The Lead Grower manages the cultivation of cannabis flower, The Lead Grower reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and has a leadership role over cultivation center staff. Applicant should have knowledge of hydroponic growing techniques.
· Assists with the design of the grow facility.
· Manages cultivation process, including sourcing, cloning, transplanting, and providing nutrients for various strains of marijuana plants; setting up and maintaining irrigation systems and environmental controls; and ensuring that the facility is pest-free.
· Develops cultivation plans, trains cultivation employees and assigns duties.
· Organizes and documents the daily process of transplanting, cloning, defoliation and trimming of plants.
· Ensures that growth requirements of cannabis plants are consistently met (lighting, soil PH, nutrients, etc.)
· Diagnoses and resolves plant health issues like mold, mildew or other infestations
· Manages harvest schedule and works with staff on best techniques for drying/curing of harvested product.
· Oversees cultivation maintenance operations (including disposing waste and preventing contamination)
· Works with the staff to manage work schedules and ensuring that staff adhere to their assigned work schedules.
· Ensures compliance with all operating procedures and regulations.
· Ensures that the Cultivation area remains clean and organized, and that tasks are completed within budgetary and time constraints.
· Coordinates with COO on all Cultivation staffing needs in terms of tasks required for Propagation and the Grow Rooms.
· Records and tracks each planting and harvest cycle, including date of planting broken down by plant, as well as cultivation activities described below.
· Ensure that cultivation staff enter data into data logs such as lighting, nutrient application, PH levels etc. into the state-mandated Seed-to-Sale system of record.
· After each harvest, provides a summary to the Executive Management Team of the yield and note any differences in crop management that may have impacted the yield
· Coordinates Inventory Control measures with the QC staff including:
o Creating all clones and documenting the movement of clones and plants in growth cycle and room changes.
o Ensure that Propagation and the Grow Rooms undergo monthly plant inventory.
o On a rotating basis, re-confirm the inventory to actual count (so every month cycle through one of the above-listed rooms).
o When a crop is first being transplanted into a Grow Room ensure that every plant has a tag and the tag is appropriately referenced in Seed to sale program.
· When clones are being cut and placed into the cloner, creates a map to identify the location of each clone and the number for the clone, which must be entered into the seed to sale program.
· Manages inventory and budgets related to the cultivation center (including equipment, security and HVAC systems)
· Supervises and coaches’ employees who tend to the plants
· Inspects quality of harvest
· 5 years’ experience as a commercial cannabis grower preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to manage issues pertaining to disease, and heat & cooling mechanical failures in the cultivation process.
· Experience overseeing cannabis crops and facilities, developing cultivation plans and assigning duties, organizing and documenting the daily process of transplanting, cloning, defoliation and trimming of plants, ensuring that growth requirements of cannabis plants are consistently met (lighting, soil PH, nutrients, etc.)
· Ability to apply indoor farming methods that increase yields
· Experience with waste management and preventing contaminations, ability to diagnose and resolve plant health issues like mold, mildew or other infestations
· Ensure legal compliance of cultivation procedures
· Experience with hydroponic growing techniques
· Demonstrated experience in crop production, and Integrated Pest Management.
· Extensive knowledge of cannabis strains and plant genetics.
· Degree in plant science, botany OR relevant work/industry experience.
Must be 21 years of age to apply
Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50lbs. (100 lbs. with assistance) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product
Job Type: Full-time
One location – Illinois
Paid time off