Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Logistics and Transport Technician will be responsible for supporting the Logistics and Transport Associate with daily operations of the Logistics and Transport department including assisting of inbound receipt, inspection, processing/validation of supplies and materials from all vendors and suppliers for our facility. Will proactively coordinate and communicate with Purchasing to ensure orders arrive or ship in accordance with the proper documentation. Working with LA and Facilities regarding storage logistics.
· Overseeing and processing the physical receiving and storing of supplies and materials across all departments.
· Coordinates with Purchasing before and after supplies and materials are received to ensure that they correspond exactly with documented orders / packing slips.
· Assists Logistics and Transport Associate (LTA) with executing with our suppliers and vendors best practice transportation routing and scheduling for timely and efficient receipt.
· Assists LTA with loading and unloading supplies and / or materials onto or from pallets with a forklift; loads or unloading materials into or from trucks by hand.
· Assists with the physical receipt and distribution of all supplies and materials with the Facilities’ team to the assigned departments.
· Provides LTA with accurate inventory logs of all approved items at the off-site storage location. Assists in the transfer of supplies and materials on a weekly or as requested basis and provides input to Production for replenishment
· Assists the LTA and Facilities Department with maintaining and organizing loading dock area; includes but is not limited to stacking pallets, removing waste or packaging debris from dock area etc.
· Operates Pettibone Forklift as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Works closely with LTA and the Compliance team to ensure that all related regulations are consistently met.
Maintains all relevant documentation and accurate records for internal use and audit oversight (as required). Provides reports to the Logistics and Transport Associate.
· Maintains confidentiality of PA information.
· Conducts duties in accordance with all PWPA policies and procedures and DOH Regulations
· Other approved tasks (e.g. shipping) and projects as assigned by supervisor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree in supply chain, logistics, or related field preferred
· Minimum 2-3 years of shipping & receiving experience
· Minimum 2-years Pettibone forklift operating experience (certification preferred)
· Minimum 1-year experience operating a box truck.
· Valid Driver’s License required
· Work history showing progressive responsibility, attention to detail, proactive problem solver.
● Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
● Computer-savvy (e.g. MJ Freeway platform; Word; Excel, office equipment such as copiers, etc)
● Excellent project and time-management skills (ability to effectively plan, prioritize and organize)
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to focus, strong attention to detail
● Ability to maintain confidentiality, absolute reliability and honesty.
● Ability to remain calm (w/potential stressful times)
· Extended time standing, walking, bending and reaching
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
· Close visual ability required
· This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate small objects
Starting wage: $17/hour