- Responsible for managing Shift leads, Budtenders, Social Media, and coordinating general business functions.
- Ensures store staffing, store replenishment, drives sales, adherence to Budbarn policies, daily website maintenance, online ordering accuracy, and customer loyalty.
- Functional Business Area: Management, Sales, Inventory, Logistics, Human resources
- Responsibility allocation:
- Sales: 40%
- Inventory/Logistics/Management 60%.
- Customer Service.
- Supervise staff, evaluate performance, set performance standards.
- Assist with shift schedules, monitor attendance, and ensure back up for all positions, ensure schedule meets the needs of the business daily; react pro-actively where necessary.
- Fill in for staff positions when necessary.
- Coordinate sales
- Ensure storefront is adequately stocked daily.
- Ensure Inventory supports all sales and promotions.
- Create incentives to motivate staff, follow policies, and increase customer loyalty.
- Ensure excellent customer service, upselling, and tie in sales.
- Train and coach Budtenders and Shift Lead’s.
- Review and handle any issues from the Shift Lead reports and ensure good communication throughout the team.
- Ensure new policies and procedures are implemented. Assist with needed policies and procedures.
- Review aging inventory reports, work with manager on upcoming sales to control inventory and balance stock.
- Monitor sales through point-of-sale system a least 3x a day.
- Human Resources:
- Handle or assist with employee reviews on both a monthly and yearly basis.
- Handle or assist with employee hiring, onboarding, discipline, and termination.
- Write up and document employee concerns or issues, correct issues, and communicate concerns.
- Ensure employees are not running into overtime.
- Ensure vendor checks are correctly entered into Quickbooks.
- Train staff on cash handling and preparing their tills.
- Assists in discount violations and cash handling error disciplinary action.
- Ensure staff is using programs correctly and inform owner or general manager of any problems the staff is having with systems that is creating inefficiency.
- Work with inventory staff and budtenders to ensure:
- All products are labeled and scannable.
- Proper rotation to minimize loss.
- Inventory supports sales, promotions and has backstock.
- Inventory back stocking and intake process is completed in a safe manner, preventing clutter, and promoting a safe work environment.
- Receive inventory if/when needed.
- Ensure store appearance is neat and tidy both in and around the store with no trash on the floors or parking lot and that the waste baskets are not overflowing.
- Ensure Store staff is monitoring customer adherence to LCB compliance and checks for open packages on the premises regularly.
- Ensure we have adequate cleaning supplies and coordinate with office administrator on what needs to be ordered.
- Ensure team is following Bud Barn’s Covid compliance.
- Create flyers, text blasts and marketing material for the store’s sales.
- Ensure products are properly displayed, labeled and marked on sale.
- Assists in the overseeing of social media, Yelp and customer feedback to ensure we are keeping a positive image and servicing customers well.
- Suggest product sale or marketing ideas to sales manager to increase sales.
- Ensure the store is decorated for each holiday.
- ***The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Business management
- Sales, Upselling
- Coaching and motivating staff.
Job Qualifications:Education: Associate’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience managing a retail store.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Word.
- Regularly lift, carry, or push up to 50lb.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time, up to full shifts.
Be able to sit, stand, bend, lift to meet all store tasks and customer needs.
$16-18/Hour plus tips (approx. $4/hr)