This is a salaried position for a seasoned Hemp Master Grower. Looking for a proven track record in successfully setting up and growing hemp-outdoors. The right candidate will also have contacts in the industry and knowledge of assisting in the “build out” of the facility. The Hemp Director of Cultivation will oversee daily operations and production processes related to the growing and extraction of Hemp. Extraction experience extremely important. You will be in charge of indoor greenhouses on 17.8 acres.
We are looking for a candidate with a B.S., M.Sc., PHd, in Botany, Biology, Genetics, Horticulture or Agriculture Management with start-up experience, leadership skills, and an understanding of compliance.
· Set up & manage a large-scale outdoor hemp cultivation
· Perform all the tasks in the grow including cloning, feminizing, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
· Develop and/or maintain cultivation protocols and nutrient regiment.
· Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep garden green and expenses low
· Cataloging and analyzing each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting\
· Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
· Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
· Well researched in new techniques and insight to expand knowledge in nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups
· Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary
· Create & implement Standard Operating Procedures for all areas of the business
· Understand compliance with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
· Manage the cultivation crew
· Develop SOP’s for employees and implement training schedules
· Maintain a clean and organized work environment
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
· B.S., M.Sc., or PHd, in Botany, Biology, Genetics, Horticulture or Agriculture Management
· Start-up experience & leadership skills
· At least 3 years commercial grow experience
· Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, etc.
· Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment option
· Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse.
· Advanced knowledge of hemp or cannabis plant and genetics
· Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
· You are at least 21 years of age
· You have no felony convictions
· You are willing to participate in an extensive background check
· You are willing to relocate and can start immediately
· You are trustworthy and hardworking with references to back that up
· You have reliable transportation.
· Salary or Salary Range: $70,000-$120,000 based on experience.
· Base / Commission TBD
· PTO / Benefits (if any) TBD