We will be farming 90 acres of outdoor hemp in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. We will be focused on growing organic high quality smokeable flower and biomass. This is a salaried position for a seasoned Farm Manager with prior experience in cannabis. Previous experience with large scale hemp production is preferred (15+ acres). You must be familiar with Organic Farming, Mechanized Planting, IPM, Irrigation, Quality Management, Plant Nutrition, Harvesting, Drying and Curing.
Detail of Responsibilities
· Oversight of all day to day farm operations including hemp planting, growing, harvesting and drying. Your primary focus will be on growing and cultivation.
· Management of water use and irrigation systems.
· Manage our grow team and contract labor to ensure highest standards of quality.
· Diligent monitoring to ensure feminization of crop and low THC levels.
· Completing tasks on time and within budgetary requirements.
· Full time position with additional mandatory hours at planting and harvesting.
· Will report directly to ownership to our Director of Cultivation and manage a team of 6-8 people. Schedule and coordinate large contract labor crews at harvest and planting.
· Physical Requirements: Must be physically fit and be able to actively work in all sections of our farming operation. During planting and harvest season work day will regularly do over 12 hours.
· Communication Skills: Must excel at both written and verbal communications. Utilize all forms of communication to clearly explain tasks, goals and progress to employees and management. Competency in Spanish is a plus.
· Skills: Must have 3+ years of experience in cannabis in a large scale production setting of 15+. Preference given to those with prior experience growing large acreages of outdoor hemp.
· Degree in Horticulture is preferred
· Additional education is a plus
· Gross Compensation: $100,000-$110,000
· Base Salary: $5,000 per month
· PTO: 7 days annually
· Bonus Structure: Worth up to $60,000 and determined by crop yield and potency.