We are seeking a Farm Manager for a large scale hemp farm. The Farm Manager will be a hard working, energetic, and reliable individual who can develop plants from the point they leave the greenhouse at the teenage stage all the way through to shipment.
The successful Farm Manager will be responsible for overseeing the entire commercial farm operation and will be expected to take ownership of all farm-related activities, working to meet agronomic and budget goals alike. The right individual will manage a team of 4 field managers to ensure quality is met throughout the farm.
What’s in it for you?
- Great compensation structure with full benefits
- Adequate funding to complete job tasks
- Complete autonomy and responsibility to implement procedures that will make the farm successful
Responsibilities for the Farm Manager Include:
- Managing a team that handles all aspects of outdoor hemp production
- The safe operation and maintenance of farm equipment and plants
- Managing the application of fertilizer and pesticide
- Water scheduling and irrigation
- Ensuring high-quality, accurate work with low downtime and limited supervision
- Coordinating with various farm executives to ensure proper communication throughout the entire facility and with outside stakeholders
- Managing plant scheduling to accurately project all growing requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to maximize high-quality yield with efficiency and attention to production costs
- Implementing routine daily activities required to ensure plant maintenance and general operation of the cultivation areas
Desired Experience and Skills of the Farm Manager include:
- B.S. Degree in Agronomy or related field experience required
- Ability to source and utilize tools to safely and accurately perform job duties
- 2-5 years of experience at a commercial farm
- Supervisory experience in small teams preferred
- Agriculture background and experience highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At least 21 years of age. No violent felony convictions (DUI okay) Willing to participate in an extensive background check. Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Trustworthy and honest. Accountable. Productive. Fair. Ability to effectively plan and prioritize. Ability to maintain confidentiality Attention to detail. Ability to communicate clearly and calmly