The Retail Dispensary Manager is responsible for leading a team of front-line employees and ensuring the smooth operation of the retail dispensary. The Retail Dispensary Manager is responsible for opening /closing store; accepting and entering deliveries into METRC; ensuring the safety of employees, patients, and retail customers; ensuring minimal loss of product and ensuring the facility and employees are in compliance with DHSS Medical Marijuana regulations. The Retail Dispensary Manager is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service is given in the store, anticipates potential customer issues, and applies contingency planning to avoid customer dissatisfaction. Prior experience required.
Will work at both locations.- Springfield & Ozark MO
● Supervise and direct the activities of the dispensary team, including staff scheduling.
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of products and strains in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge.
● Enforce dispensary policies and ensure that staff follows best practices.
● Ensure the dispensary remains compliant with security, inventory and local and state regulations.
● In coordination with GM, ensure inventory counts are being performed on schedule with acceptable results, and the proper documentation is being executed and filed
● Supervise and inspire team to deliver the highest level of customer experience by creating a positive work environment that consists of mutual respect, transparency and open communication.
● Ensure the safety and satisfaction of both the patients and employees.
● Work with GM to provide education for staff about medical cannabis strains, edibles, concentrates and consumption mechanisms.
● Promote sales, service, and profit goals and lead staff to exceed them.
● Serve as a liaison to the local community.
● Review performance of other dispensary employees on a regular basis.
● Work with management team on all hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of dispensary staff.
● Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers and add value to shopping experience (promote loyalty program, contextualizing products through knowledge, usage, and dosage).
● Assist GM as needed in developing monthly summary for management of all inventory discrepancies and how the issues have been resolved and/or mitigated.
● Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company guidelines.
● In coordination with GM, manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
● Coordinate with the management team to discuss inventory management plans and methods to reduce errors and maximize inventory efficiency.
● Perform other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
Minimum Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree from a college or university; or two years related managerial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or study emphasis in biology, medicine, horticulture, agriculture, business, management, or hospitality preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years retail management experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience dispensary management in a legal cannabis industry highly preferred.
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with web browsers, retail POS systems, and credit card processing terminals.
- Must be comfortable adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals, and high-volume cash handling
- Experience working with an Inventory Management software highly preferred
- METRC Experience Highly Desired
- Must possess proficient English skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of self-development.
- Must possess strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail cannabis environment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to cannabis operations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated approachability and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, dependability and flexibility in work habits.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of general office procedures and office machines.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to research and understand regulations for particular cannabis retail markets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exhibiting a high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
● Ability to frequently bend and/or twist at waist/knees/neck to and from seated position while working at desk/bench and reaching for equipment.
● Ability to frequently use standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, telephones, copiers, and scanners.
● Ability to frequently communicate with others.
● Ability to maintain long periods of mental alertness and attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments.
● Ability to seldom stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
● Ability to seldom push and/or pull up to thirty (30) pounds.
● Ability to seldom lift or carry up to thirty (30) pounds.
● Ability to function in an environment with frequent interruptions.
● Ability to deliver quality results under high pressure deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to demonstrate normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; maintain corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
● Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays; May be requested to work additional time, as business demands require.
Benefits offered are medical, dental and life.
Salary range: $42,000-$58,000
To apply for this opening, send your most recent resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘MO Mgr’ in the Subject.