Dispensary Manager Summary: Responsible for daily dispensing operations and ensuring all company and industry policies and procedures relating to dispensing activities are followed. Acts as the dispensary’s Designated Representative and directly manages Dispensary staff, including but not limited to, scheduling, training, progress reviews, and discipline. Must respond to all complaints or adverse events according to management policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ensures the dispensary operates in accordance to local and state regulations as well as company standard operating policies
● Manages operational expectations and maintains high product quality standards by upholding all company policies, procedures and security protocols
● Monitors all transactions and cash within the dispensary, including preparing bank deposits, counting drawers and safe, making change for register coin safes, requesting coinage for vault, and performing record keeping duties related to all cash
● Interfaces with vendors, purchaser, security and transport personnel to coordinate purchase, delivery, and transfer of marijuana products, retail products, equipment and supplies
● Ensures par inventory levels are maintained at all times
● Oversees the packaging labeling, and distribution of medications for all patients and employees according to established policies, procedures, and guidelines
● Maintains knowledge of all strains of cannabis, edibles, concentrates, and accessories for sale in the dispensary
● Maintains knowledge of guest services, patient benefits, potency, contaminant and homogeneity testing procedures, sales, promotions, product pricing, policy and procedure, state regulations, HIPPA compliance, all functions of operations, cannabinoids and how they affect the body and acts as a resource for all onsite staff members
● Manages inventory control by use of the Inventory Tracking System (ITS); Performing all receiving, transferring, reporting, reconciling and inventory management functions within ITS daily
● Oversees sales floor for a variety of factors including but not limited to flow, staffing needs, quality of service, inventory changes, atmosphere, and security
● Implements dispensary policies and ensure staff follows best practices
● Monitors overall retail sales and recommends effective solutions to increase sales by implementation of promotions, discounts and patient benefits
● Manages staff scheduling and recruiting to ensure store operations support an engaged workforce as well as a positive patient experience
● Reviews performance of dispensary employees on a regular basis and addresses performance deficiencies in a timely manner
● Develops and leads productive team meetings on a regular basis
● Participates in ongoing education and professional development as needed.
● Fulfills job duties of support staff, as needed, to compensate for staffing shortages, meal or break times, higher than normal sales volume, or to support general operations
● All other job duties as assigned
● Assistant Dispensary Manager
● Patient Consultants/dispensary staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
● Minimum of 5 years previous experience working within a marijuana or pharmaceutical dispensing facility in a leadership or management role preferred ●
Cannabis experience preferred
● 5+ years of experience managing in the retail or hospitality sector preferred.
● 2+ years of recruiting, hiring, and talent acquisition experience is a plus. ●
Demonstrated agility and command working in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with staff and regulatory agents
● Ability to comprehend and comply with state regulations and guidelines
● Must pass any and all required background checks
● Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
● High school diploma required; college degree or some college coursework is a plus
● Minimum of 21 years of age
● Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID Physical Requirements:
● Standing and moving for 2-3 hours at a time; sitting for prolonged periods, some bending;
● Requires normal range of hearing, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, computer, and telephone. May require lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
●Moderate noise level similar to a typical busy retail store, office and warehouse environment
● Varied hours and/or days, including nights, days, holidays, or weekends
● Compliance focused environment
● Constant patient and co-worker interactions
Salary: $60K (plus up to $10K in bonus)
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of every duty and responsibility which will be required of an employee in this position. Employee(s) will be held responsible for all duties as assigned.