A premiere analytical testing laboratory working on cutting edge and next-generation analysis methods to support the cannabis and hemp industries. This company is recognized and used internationally as a standard of excellence with one of the broadest accreditation scopes for services offered within the industry.
Title & Position Overview: Data Reviewer
Looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our laboratory team! The Data Reviewer position requires, but is not limited to, strong mathematical and data analytical skills, familiarity with a wide range of laboratory methodologies, and at least 3 years’ experience analyzing data acquired from instruments such as HPLC, UPLC-PDA, GC-MS, ICP-MS and/or instruments used to detect and quantify pathogens. A successful candidate also will have experience in a technical or life science laboratory, particularly with the testing of cannabis products. This is a position intended for internal growth and professional development.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, mathematics, or other life sciences related field. Experience in a technical or life sciences field, production, industrial, agricultural, quality control, or analytical laboratory setting is desired.
- Prepare various reports and analyze output from internal software tool.
- Audit and analyze data to verify quality and data integrity, ensuring all information on the reports is accurate and correct.
- Ensure test have been completed as per applicable method and/or standard operating procedure.
- Verify that all equipment used to perform testing is calibrated.
- Verify that all reagents and solutions used to perform testing are prepared correctly and within specification and/or solution stability where applicable.
- Verify associated calculations are correct.
- Obtain corrections and clarification where needed.
- Collaborate with laboratory personnel to ensure that data is reviewed in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability and creativity to identify and analyze data trends.
- Quickly communicate with coworkers any changes or issues with collected data.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in reporting and development, while providing value through insightful analytics and problem-solving.
- Meet client deadlines for ad hoc reports and other requested information.
- Identify and assign sample re-tests.
- Act as the liaison between customers and internal organization in regards to reported data.
- Bachelor’s in chemistry, biology, mathematics, or other life sciences related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience analyzing data acquired from analytical instrumentation.
- Prefer knowledge of
- Experience performing analytical data review.
- 3 to 5 years of analytical laboratory/testing experience.
- Experience performing batch record review is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with an excellent level of organization and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, macros, and functions to enhance reporting with the ability to summarize work for clients and management.
- Ability to work independently and have strong communication skills with team members, managers, and customers.
- Demonstrated experience learning or mastering a new skill or task with proficiency and expediency.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $65,000