Taking a hands on approach the Controller will perform, plan and direct the accounting operations of
Supervisory Responsibilities :
• Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable,
accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
• Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
Duties /Responsibilities :
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of
controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
• Performs the production of monthly financial reporting including all balance sheet
reconciliations, inter-company receivables/payables, and consolidating entries
• Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
• Produces the annual budget, monthly forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and weekly
Cash Flow Forecast
• Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
• Works with external tax advisors and management for tax planning.
• Files monthly, quarterly and annually required tax reports.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Performs day to day accounting entries and reconciliations.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
• Set and meet consistent financial reporting deadlines to provide owners with current
information to make relevant business decisions.
Required Skills /Abilities:
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
• Seven to ten years or more of related experience required.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Able to travel as needed.
$80-90K/year with standard benefits