A premiere analytical testing laboratory working on cutting edge and next-generation analysis methods to support the cannabis and hemp industries. This company is recognized and used internationally as a standard of excellence with one of the broadest accreditation scopes for services offered within the industry.
Title & Position Overview: Data Analyst / Chemist II – GC-MS Specialist
Looking for a seasoned chemist with substantial experience with analytical technologies including head-space and liquid injection gas chromatography with MS detection. Experience with Agilent hardware and software with MassHunter and ChemStation is required. The Data Analyst / Chemist II position requires, but is not limited to, strong mathematical and data analytical skills, familiarity with a wide range of laboratory methodologies, and at least 5 years’ experience analyzing data acquired from instruments such as GC-MS and GC/MS/MS. The successful candidate should be able to work independently, as well in collaborative groups; should be adept with hardware maintenance and repair; and should be comfortable performing various sample preparation activities. This is a position intended for internal growth and professional development. Please Note: This is a first shift position.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemistry, biology, mathematics, or other life sciences related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical or life sciences field, production, industrial, agricultural, quality control, or analytical laboratory setting, or a recent Ph.D. graduate.
- Perform analytical testing with a specific focus on residual solvent and terpene analysis by GC/MS and GC/FID following established procedures while meeting required turn-around-time (TAT) goals.
- Prepare various reports and analyze output from internal software tool.
- Audit and analyze data to verify quality and data integrity, ensuring all information on the reports is accurate and correct.
- Must have the ability and creativity to identify and analyze data trends.
- Quickly communicate with coworkers any changes or issues with collected data.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in reporting and development, while providing value through insightful analytics and problem-solving.
- Identify and assign sample re-tests.
- Assist with R&D capabilities in the development of new applications, particularly for pesticide residue analysis.
- Assist in development of new analytical procedures.
- Conduct routine calibration and maintenance of lab equipment and instruments.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems to minimize downtime; recognize when equipment issues require additional expertise.
- Document preparation, testing observations, and results in precise detail.
- Standardize and create SOPs for existing and new laboratory methods and procedures.
- Conduct work in a manner that is compliant with the Quality System and all ISO 17025 requirements.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in chemistry, biology, mathematics, or other life sciences related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience analyzing data acquired from analytical instrumentation.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Self-starter that is comfortable taking initiative and working in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working under ISO 17025 or GMP/GLP quality systems.
- Experience with GC-MS operation; knowledge of Agilent equipment and software with MassHunter and ChemStation is required.
Salary Range: $50,000-$80,000