A premiere analytical testing laboratory working on cutting edge and next-generation analysis methods to support the cannabis and hemp industries. This company is recognized and used internationally as a standard of excellence with one of the broadest accreditation scopes for services offered within the industry.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS years that includes coursework in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related science from an accredited college or university and 3 years full-time practical experience in a laboratory setting.
· Available for 2nd shift
· Prepare samples for all analytical testing procedures.
· Preparation of reagents and standards as needed.
· Ensure appropriate testing procedures are conducted in compliance with QA and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) requirements.
· Meet turn-around-time (TAT) goals. Inform Lab manager if issues arise that effect the TAT.
· Support with equipment and supply orders.
· Assist the team with installing, calibrating, testing, operating and maintaining equipment for testing; sets up instruments and conducts sample tests; performs routine calibration of instrumentation; ensures an adequate supply of test materials are available for the chemist to perform daily testing.
· Assist laboratory technicians with sample receipt, handling, and storage.
· Assist Quality departments to maintain the equipment calibration program.
· Follow and exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements.
· Able to make sound and independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience.
· Knowledge of sample prep/extraction process for various analytical methods.
· Familiar with operation of laboratory instrumentation such as GC, HPLC, and ICP-MS.
· Effective communication
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.