NYCanna Security Officer- Part Time
The Security Officer is responsible to have a positive impact on the safety and security of all NYCanna assets and its facilities. The Security Officer will provide good Surveillance observation skills and conduct good security rounds. He/she will demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to accept all job assignments with enthusiasm.
1. Attend daily briefings on time and participate in a positive manner.
2. Ensure the smooth operation of the Security Department by following prescribed policies and procedures, as well as enforcing New York State Department of Health Guidelines and complying with NYCanna standard operating procedures.
3. Be responsible for writing reports in a clear and concise manner.
4. Respond to all incidents taking appropriate actions and making the proper notifications to management.
5. Must maintain a professional appearance.
6. Must maintain professional communications with all guests, patrons, co-workers and Supervisory staff.
7. Must take all precautions to safeguard all Company assets.
8. Must adhere to HIPPA policies and procedures. Must be responsible for proper handling of confidential information, reports, equipment and materials.
9. Conduct him/herself in a gracious, courteous and responsive manner which reflects positively on the company and its core values.
10. Must keep Security Manager informed of all important and relevant security matters. Will conduct additional duties as directed by Security Manager.
11. Ability acquire a general understanding of New York State Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program Laws and Regulations
Must have ability to:
· Regularly sit, stand or walk to complete assigned shifts.
· Be flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
· Be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined space.
· Regularly use, observe and monitor CCTV equipment.
· Report all acts of wrongdoing observed or gleaned by any staff member that they have reasonable knowledge of.
Must be 21 years old and possess a High school diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree or College credits a plus. Graduation from an accredited Law Enforcement or Correction Officer Academy preferred. Previous Security training and/or experience required. Related on the job experience or Military training may be considered in lieu of formal Security training.
*Must Provide a current certificate of completion of the New York State Division of Criminal Justice (DCJS) 8-Hour Pre-Assignment Training and or valid Security Guard Card. Military members must provide copy of DD form 214 and copies of all held Security clearances or specialized training.
$18/Hr Part Time