Our Client is looking for a Laboratory Manager who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
In this newly created role, you will work to maintain the organization, cleanliness, and efficiency of the production area. The Lab Manager maintains quality control measures to ensure high-quality product and carries out day-to-day tasks including prepping, extracting, and packaging.
● Oversee and manage production lab ensuring operations support the growing patient demand
● Oversee formulations of high-quality medical cannabis products
● Ensure operations comply with all regulations, policies, and procedures relating to safety, security, and health.
● Ability to master and control all equipment in a laboratory-type environment, including Cox, light hydrocarbon liquid solvent and solventless extraction methods out
● Ensure consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures
● Partner with Lab Managers across the country to develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for extraction and refinement
● Adopt and promote a high energy culture that stresses close communication and teamwork amongest all labs and departments
● Ensure best practices exist for recruiting, hiring and training lab teams on extraction and refinement within lab facilities.
● Provide subject matter expertise for evaluating procurement of lab equipment and best practices for build
● Assist with compliance, including the creation of batch production records and labels specific to each state and in accordance with company standards.
● Research extraction and refinement processes to ensure they meet or exceed industry standards
● Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, related science degree
● 5+ years managing professional lab environment
● Proven strategic experience in overseeing all aspects of professional production laboratory environments including equipment handling, production operations, processing, and execution
● Experience in managing a lab creating consumables, coordinating supplies, and maintaining equipment
● Demonstrated experience in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
● Proven expertise managing large dispersed teams, recruitment practices, training and onboarding with history of success as a manager
● Experience in cannabis product formulation and processing, i.e. vape oil post-processing techniques, winterization, separation, isolation, product refinement, fractional distillation, etc. preferred
● Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
● Knowledge of laboratory best practices including data entry, cleanliness, and systems
● Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
● Active driver’s license or State ID card.
● Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
● Must pass all required background checks.
● Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Our Client is committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage. Our Client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.