*Direct and oversee employee activities for all operations including propagation, planting, cultivating, irrigation, harvesting, product processing, production and record keeping.
*Ensure adherence to compliance and safety regulations according to Colorado and company standards.
*Plan and direct operations for optimum success and maximum crop production
*Plan operations based on factors such as crop maturity, weather conditions, pest mitigation etc.
*Inspect crops for Insects, disease and general health.
*Inspect crops, prepare reports and pre-harvest estimates for all crops
*Be responsible for all supply and equipment purchasing.
*Work with the owners to establish and maintain a working budget
*Maintain records for production rates, management practices, compliance reporting, and prepare financial and operational reports.
*Maintain financial, operational, and employment records
*Hire, train and supervise employees engaged in planting, cultivating, irrigating, harvesting and production and processing.
*Enforce compliance, safety and company policies
- *7-10 years experience cultivating in a large-scale commercial, production environment. Experience cultivating in the Colorado cannabis industry is also preferred.
- CO certified pesticide applicator
- *Extensive farm or agricultural experience.
- *Previous experience managing large teams.
- *Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, cultivating, handling and harvesting products for consumption.
- *Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- *Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- *Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and production methods
- *Ability to monitor, oversee and control company resources to include coordination of people and resources
- *Ability to plan and organize specific objectives and prioritize
- *Ability to store, record and maintain information in electronic and written form
- *Ability to analyze data and problem solve efficiently
- *Ability to anticipate problems, troubleshoot and problem solve. Consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate resolutions, review related information to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- An extensive background and education in management, horticulture, botany, agronomy, soil science or related fields.
DEGREE NEEDED: Bachelors preferred
JOB LOCATION/CITY: Boulder, CO
START DATE: ASAP / JOB HOURS: 40
SALARY: Between $65K and $95K depending on experience
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- health, dental, vision