Strategy, Planning and Management
- Serve as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term
- growth plan of organization.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, CD
- O, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Engage with consultants, auditors and investors.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Complete all SEC filings, 10-Q, and 10-K audits successfully and on time.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors and company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure SOX compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Company to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with the Executive Team.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, initiate large wires and ACHs
- Oversee Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Required
- Background in Public Accounting
- 3 years minimum experience in a publicly traded corporation.
- Multiple years total accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting. Preferred candidate also has experience in 280E cannabis tax laws and regulations.
- Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Experienced in capital raises and structuring financing options
Compensation: $70k+ Annual Salary w/ Potential Bonus and Incentives
NOTE: The Company does not offer 401K or health insurance benefits at this time.