Manager of Compliance to oversee regulatory compliance with all applicable state and local laws and regulations across cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and delivery operations. The Manager of Compliance will keep the management team up to date on legal and regulatory matters impacting operations, assist in the development of company policies and standard operating procedures, monitor operations to identify and correct instances of non-compliance, and function as a quasi-independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The person who fulfills this role will also advise and guide the Board of Directors, management personnel, and employees on applicable local, state, and national laws and regulations, and will be called upon to issue spots, provide answers to complex questions, and help find lawful yet innovative solutions to tricky issues. and that company policies and procedures are being followed. The Manager of Compliance will also work with a variety of directors to develop and implement replicable processes, policies, and systems related to compliance and ensure their effectiveness. The Manager of Compliance will ensure reporting, registration, filing, and other similar mandatory tasks are completed in a timely fashion and coordinate with management to stay ahead of any future changes in regulations. This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits, compensation, and opportunities for profit-sharing and internal advancement. Work will primarily be performed at our corporate headquarters.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and has in-depth knowledge of California cannabis laws and regulations.
1) Be at least 21 years of age.
2) Have a Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university.
3) Possess excellent reading, writing, and communication skills.
4) Have an in-depth understanding of all applicable existing and recent cannabis laws and regulations in the City of Los Angeles and in California.
Have multiple years of experience working in another highly regulated industry, ideally in a compliance-related position.
Have multiple years of experience working in a field that requires frequent interaction with laws and regulations.
5) Have strong attention to detail and a natural aptitude for organization and systematization.
6) Be generally positive, adaptable, and team-oriented.
- Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Compliance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Salary Range: 55-85K
This job is currently on hold. Check back soon for it to reopen for applicants.