We are seeking a CPA/Accountant. The ideal candidate must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). You will be responsible for the financial operations of the business. This covers the maintenance of a sufficient system of accounting records and generation of periodic financial reports. You will also be responsible for a complete set of budgets and controls intended to enhance the precision of reported financial outcomes, mitigate risks, and ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards and regularly accepted accounting principles. You will engage in all aspects of financial administration, such as budget and forecasts preparation, corporate accounting, development of internal control policies and procedures, and regulatory and financial reporting.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Controller Qualifications / Skills:
- Managing processes
- Financial software
- Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience and training
- Ability to interpret and analyze business periodicals, technical procedures and professional journals
- CPA license is preferred
- Effective presentation skills on complex topics to top management
- Ability to respond effectively to complaints and sensitive inquiries
$80,000 – $125,000 per year